37 hours per week, 6.00am – 2.00pm Monday to Thursday, 6.00am – 1.30pm Friday, 52 weeks per year. Start and finish time are open to negotiation with the successful candidate. Grade D/E - Step 1 £21,403/£26,544 dependent on experience plus 24/25 days holiday.
The Wildern Academy Trust comprises of Wildern School, Deer Park Secondary School and Boorley Park Primary School. This role will be based at Wildern School, but flexibility will be required when tasks need to be undertaken at the other schools. Our staff form a collective team that make a difference to the lives of our students. This is an exciting time for the trust and all colleagues present and future.
The ideal candidate will
• Be skilled in a variety of areas including general building maintenance, plumbing, carpentry and minor electrical works and preferably qualified in one area (electrical, mechanical, gas or plumbing)
• Ensure compliance with all statutory, mandatory and internal requirements, undertaking checks, testing, record keeping etc
• Ensure schools safe systems of work are adhered to and procedures relating to Health and Safety are followed at all times
• Maintain high standards of general upkeep and routine maintenance of the facilities including grounds and buildings
• Have the ability to perform planned preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance & minor works on a supervised and unsupervised basis
• Be able to work efficiently in a busy environment and use their own initiative to solve work related problems effectively prioritising tasks
• Have excellent communication and organisational skills
• React to and manage emergency situations in relation to the maintenance of grounds and facilities i.e. boiler breakdowns, power outage etc
• Be a team player with a ‘can do’ approach and a dynamic outlook
• Proficient with all Health and Safety and management regulations ensuring safe working practices are followed
Full Health and Safety training will be given.
A full, clean driving licence and your own transport is essential for this role.
Benefits of working for our trust include:
• Enrolment in one of the UK’s Largest public sector pension schemes
• A tax efficient Cycle-to-Work scheme through salary sacrifice
• A tax efficient IT Leasing scheme through salary sacrifice
• Friendly and sociable colleagues
• Staff membership rates to our modern on-site Leisure Centre
• Good transport links
• Free on-site car park
Applications should be on Wildern Academy Trust application forms, our application form does differ from the standard Hampshire County Council form and individual CV’s will not be accepted. If you currently work in a school, please ensure one of your references is from your current Headteacher.
Wildern Academy Trust application forms can be downloaded from the links below. Applications can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by post for the attention of Mrs F Mitchell, Wildern School, Wildern Lane, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 4EJ.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as we may invite candidates to interview before the closing date. Closing Date: Midday Friday 14th January 2022.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date if we receive applications that meet the criteria. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Wildern Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.